Saturday 1 September 2018

{10 Years of L&L} Year 1: 2008

Listen & Learn Music Turns 10 Year 1 - 2008

I spent the first half of 2008 completely consumed with wedding planning, and then getting married and going on my honeymoon. But once we got home, opened all of our wedding gifts, and returned to reality, I was ready for a new project.

At the time, I was writing a new song practically every day for my 100+ students at The Hope Institute, and it seemed selfish to keep them all to myself. I also felt pretty isolated as a new-ish music therapist, not to mention the only music therapist in my city. At the time, there weren’t many music therapy resources online, and social media wasn’t yet a place for professional networking.

So I started a free Blogspot blog, came up with a name for it, and wrote my first post. It didn’t take long before I was completely hooked. When I wasn’t at work or seeing my private practice clients, I was recording my songs, writing posts, and researching how to actually get my blog seen.

Original Listen & Learn Music Logo
My first logo! It makes me laugh now, but I remember being so proud of it at the time. I had so much fun learning the ropes of being a blogger, but the BEST part was getting readers. I was thrilled every time someone left a comment or told me they were going to use a song I shared; it fueled my fire to post even more.

As more people showed interest in my songs and other resources, I came up with the idea for a membership — where people could pay one amount and then have access to all of my materials. I launched Listen & Learn Plus in June of 2009 for just $36 a year. Several of those very first members are still with me today!

My 2008 Gift to You

YOU are the reason that Listen & Learn Music is still alive and well today, and YOU are the reason I’ll be celebrating another 10 years in 2028. Every email and comment I receive detailing how a song was brought to life in a classroom or music therapy session, and how it helped a child to learn a new skill, provides the motivation to make this an even more valuable resource for you.

To properly thank you for your support, I’ll be sharing one of my favorite resources with you from the L&L collection each day in yearly chronological order, all the way through September 10.

In my first year as a music therapist, I wrote a song for each month. I worked in a school, so I would incorporate calendar time into my sessions. I still use these 12 songs today, and now you can, too!

Months of the Year | Listen & Learn Music

If you have already joined the “Listen & Learn Music Turns 10” celebration, this gift has already been delivered to your email inbox. And if you haven’t yet joined in, all you have to do is fill out your name and email below:

Check your email now for a special invitation to the private “10 Years of Listen & Learn” Facebook group. I’ll be sharing all 10 resources there as well, along with other goodies you won’t want to miss throughout the 10 days of celebration.

Our Biggest Giveaway Ever

On September 10, one extremely lucky winner will receive a LIFETIME VIP MEMBERSHIP to Listen & Learn Plus, including all current and future CMTE courses.

Lifetime Membership Giveaway! | Listen & Learn Plus

All you have to do is help me celebrate by:

1) following Listen & Learn Music on Instagram
2) Creating a post about how you’ve used a L&L resource, or just simply sending a birthday wish
3) Tagging @listenlearnmusic on your post
4) Using the hashtag #listenlearnmusicturns10

Feel free to save and post this image and use the caption:

Wishing @listenlearnmusic a very happy 10th birthday! I’m joining in the celebration and hoping to win a lifetime VIP membership to Listen & Learn Plus! #listenlearnmusicturns10

Follow the steps above to enter as many times as you’d like between September 1 – 10.

The post {10 Years of L&L} Year 1: 2008 appeared first on Listen & Learn Music.

Original source: https://listenlearnmusic.com/2018/09/year-1.html



from Welcome To Nightsoft https://ift.tt/2LOLqHn via Article Source

No comments:

Post a Comment